Do you want to be part of a pioneering institution at an international level in the world of Gastronomy and its value chain? Do you like innovation and research? BCC INNOVATION, the interdisciplinary research and innovation centre of the Basque Culinary Center (San Sebastian), needs to add the following professional profile to its team:
20 May 2019
They will be incorporated with a cross-cutting role in the different lines of activity of BCC Innovation, especially in the areas of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, integrating the methodological approach and specific tools of Human-Centred Design in the innovation processes of the Technology Centre, in the projects to develop new products, services, experiences and business models and in general in the creative resolution of problems/challenges.
The job includes the analysis of the status of current innovation processes of the centre, to be followed by action to adapt/complement these, including training for other members of the department. It will also include contact with potential industrial partners, preparation of proposals and the development of innovation projects with customers and support for processes of incubation or acceleration of start-ups/new business projects.
- University degree (university education in Design will be an advantage).
- Experience of at least 3 years in research centres or R&D departments of companies.
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of the Human-Centred Design approach, procedures and tools characteristic of Design Thinking, and experience in prototyping processes and agile testing/validation.
- Knowledge of the “lean” methodological approach (management, start-up, etc.).
- Experience in the development of new products and services, which have been taken to the market, applying the above approaches/methodologies.
- Experience in facilitating groups, work sessions, workshops and processes of innovation and creative problem solving.
- Availability and flexibility to travel.
- Flexibility and adaptation to the situations of uncertainty and ambiguity that constantly arise in innovation processes.
- A special affinity and passion for the world of gastronomy-food and/or professional experience in it will be an advantage.
- International experience will be an asset.
- Working languages: English, Spanish and Basque.
- Critical thinking.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested? Send us your application and we'll get in touch with you.Apply for this job